Thursday, June 26, 2008

Arte y Pico Award Acceptance and Acknowledgement


This award was bestowed upon me by Caroline Parsons of http://inspiredartbeat.blogspot.com. I am grateful and honored for being considered deserving of this citation even if I am not an artist. Caroline's blog is one of those art sites that evoke nostalgia for things past, and reminds me of periods in time when life was simple, truth was constant, and innocence was respected and appreciated. She expresses these in her art through water color paintings, a difficult material to control which she has accomplished remarkably well. Thanks Caroline for bringing back those reflections of simple joys that provide visions of an alternative way of living.

The originator of the award has required that recipients accept and acknowledge the award, and nominate 5 other sites he or she believes meet the criteria established for the purpose. There are many that come to mind and choosing 5 can be formidable. Some are well established sites that I have linked to and visit regularly, while others are those that impressed me of late which I found through Entrecard.

The rules governing the Award recipients involve the following:

1. Recipients must pick 5 blogs they consider deserving of this award for creativity, design, interesting material, and for contributing to the blogging community in whatever language.

2. Each of the 5 selected blogs must include the name of the author and a link to his/her site to be visited by readers.

3. The recipient must show the award and indicate the name and link to the blog of the one that handed it to him/her.

4. All Award recipients must include a link to the Arte y Pico site to inform all readers about the origin of this award.

Here Are the 5 Sites I Have Selected

a) Kim Barker of http://laketrees.blogspot.com - Kim is one of the most accomplished artists I've seen whose creations continue to awe and inspire. Her work projects what good remains and what splendor there still is in a world that's constantly battered by calamity and misery. I am not certain if she has received this award in the past, but she certainly deserves a second one.

b) Digital Polaroids of http://digitalpolaroids.blogspot.com - a young and talented photographer from Argentina whose subject selections are distinctive, and at times, uncanny. Her photographs look like still life paintings executed by famous painters, and masterfully detailed by light angles that create shades of emotion.

c) Lotus Flower of http://ibanagcooking.blogspot.com - a gracious and kind hearted woman who churns out a variety of meal concoctions from the exquisite to the simple, and from gourmet to the daily dose of healthy eating; with lots of instructions and history of the ingredient or the preparation to boot. It's learning by eating that's explained in a patient, light and pleasant manner that opens a window to the person's generosity and creative spirit.

d) Jena Isle of http://gewgawwritings.blogspot.com - a site I found recently through Entrecard whose author is a prolific story teller and a very good writer. Her site hosts 6 chapters of a story about a period in Philippine Political History (Martial Law), that was brutal and cruel in its execution, especially to the indigenous peoples. Her gripping tale is of love and war, and the cultures that clash in a period of change. It is written in crisp and suspensful style that sustains a high level of interest, and is very faithful to the historical reality that transpired at the time.

e) Sherxr, Ur Resident Chef of http://sherxr.blogspot.com - An Asian from Singapore who ventured into Europe, worked for a Restaurant in England, now settled in Croatia and married to a Croatian. Her dessert creations are works of art, and her musings about life away from friends, family, and a world different from where she originated are poignant, funny, and entertaining. Sher is another adventurous young woman with a strong character and a clear perspective, yet retaining her Asian values and great sense of humor.

I know these sites will give you as much pleasure to visit and read as I have.

13 comments:

Kim said...

oh goodness Durano...
I am so honoured to be a recipient on your list of awardees for this very fine award :)
congratulations to you and so well deserved...your creativity and style of writing is to be admired...
I for one am in awe of your wealth of knowledge and your interesting and informative posts...
I am keen to check out your selection...they all sound so impressive...
thank you so much for including me :)
wishing you a wonderful start to your weekend..
xxxx Kim

SheR. said...

Thanks a lot dear!
Now I'll have to crack my head to write a Thank You speech half as good as yours :P
It's going to take a while..

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hello Kim,

Thanks for the kind words Kim.

You have certainly earned this for the very meritorious effort and generosity you continue to share with your readers. The means by which your work inspires is truly worth emulating.

Artists should rule the world and heaven knows we need more people who can show the value of what we can accomplish if we have positive perspectives seen from the artists' eyes.

The list would be incomplete if you were not in it Kim. :-) --Durano, done!

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Sher,

You're really funny you know. You don't have to crack your head nor wrack your brains to come up with a thank you speech. :-)Just say "wheeeeee! How sweet!Like my pastries".

Perhaps you can design a pastry that looks like this? Then you can have your cake and eat it too! LOL! :-) --Durano, done!

Tony said...

Durano - I have this award to pass out as well and I just popped over to pass it on to you. I guess I'm too late. I really enjoy your thoughtful perspectives on some of life's more difficult issues.

Digital Polaroids said...

DURAAAAAAAAAAAAAANOOOOOOO!!!!!
First, you made me laugh soooo much, as always, then a cumpliment.. NOW AN AWARD!!
I Love you!

Jena Isle said...

It is such an honor Durano, more so, because it comes from a Filipino writer I truly admire.

Your posts are incisive and brilliant...You deserve the award. Thanks for including me in your list.

I am deeply honored.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award!

You also won third prize in my contest, so I guess it's a good day for you :$

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much and let me say it's not too late at all. I am pleased that you have selected me for it and I'm thankful that you find perspectives I express acceptable. Your being with a Church community makes it all the more significant.

Thanks for the comment and the compliment. :-) --Durano, done!

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Digital Polaroids,

You have a strong sense of humor and it's not difficult to make you laugh, you're naturally a happy person who's easy to please. It is no surprise to find lots of people who would gravitate to you.

You deserve the award for the many photos you have posted that were inspired by impulse or creative vision.

Enjoy it! :-) --Durano, done!

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Jena Isle,

You're very welcome. The honor and privilege is mine as I am a great admirer of your novelette. It holds a special attraction for me, perhaps for reasons you can accurately guess.

Thanks for the compliment and kind words. You deserve the award too as much as I, or perhaps even more. :-) --Durano, done!

durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit said...

Hi Zhu,

Thanks for making my day even more pleasant. :-) --Durano, done!

Anonymous said...

somewhere validator violation dcritical booth immediate saraswatec article assistant anand tkrk
lolikneri havaqatsu